Monday, December 25, 2006

"Is he really real?"


my middle nephew cooper is 8 and on the verge of fully knowing about santa. this christmas would make or break the dream held my all children for so many years.

on saturday we had dinner and gift exchange at grandma-B's (don's mom) and santa visited. Cooper knew without a doubt that it was just uncle cam dressed in a beard and red suit. and when confronted by the inquiring young mind, cam wowwed cooper with his honest admittance. Cam assured coop that Santa would be here Sunday night and they could stay up to see him.

Secretly the wonderful santa helping uncle arranged for santa to be at the house to take care of the yearly duties! i awoke, but not to the clatter on the lawn; just the door opening and was able to snap a picture of santa as he finished the cookies and placed the gifts and stockings under the tree.

for the first time in 8 years, cooper didn't have to be coaxed awake, he rose at 7am and stood in wonder at the stokings and gifts under the tree. He was so delighted to see the picture, he could tell by the round belly that it wasn't uncle cam but santa, indeed. Everyone was awaken by the joy-filled boy, surprised by santa's visit! the house was full of the joy that just can't be described!

Hope your day is as great as the beginning of mine has been! Love to all!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Merry Christmas, sweet Jenn!

andrew said...

Even though I have not been in the mood for the season this year, reading and listening to others recolections about their Christmas memories has me thinking and remembering my own experiences of this time of year...specifically of Santa. I don't care what anyone says...he is real! As real as anything. I have seen evidence of him everywhere. While I'm not not sure I have met the "real McCoy", I have met his helpers who are every bit as real as he is. I think I'll have to blog on this.