Thursday, August 16, 2007

a light at the end of the tunnel

though my life is far from being dark and grey, sad and desolate, it is not complete. i have known for quite a while that there is something that i wanted to have in my world but the time and circumstances have not been right and i have been told to wait. i am not good at waitning... i have never been good at waiting if i know you have a present for my birthday BEFORE my birthday i want it now, if i have a Christmas present for you Before Christmas i want you to have it now and to open it now and share your expression with me now... I DO NOT LIKE TO WAIT!!! but i do when i have to AND I HAVE TO! the saying, "there is light at the end of the tunnel" comes to mind as my waiting draws to a new type of waiting.
When i was a young teen we drove to Florida and somewhere between here and there we drove through a very long tunnel. i liked going through the tunnel at first and then got tired of being closed up...and was ready to be out of the tunnel and to our destination. As we neared the end of the tunnel and i could see the light of the outside world, i wanted my dad to drive faster to JUST get there. we finally were out of the tunnel, but we were still far from the end of our journey.
in my personal life, i can see the ligth at the end of the tunnel, but am not to it yet. i want to speed up and be there already but know i will miss important parts of life and relationships by speeding through it and i know mistakes are more easily made at higher speeds. i am also aware that even when i am out of the tunnel of this part of my life and i have more freedoms in what i want and what i am doing, the journey is far from being over. i need prayers that i will not try to speed up the process of being out of the tunnel before i am fully in the light; for the journey is still far from being over.

No comments: