Thursday, November 16, 2006

did you know...

...that i liked basketball?
Okay, my mom was a basketball player in high school and my brother got those genes, and ALL of them, because i have none. Yeah sure i like to play (as i like most games) but i'm funny to watch!
we grew up with my mom playing us, and going to all my brother's games and i played little dribblers ~i think~. and we watched the Lakers on T.V. every chance we had (like jackie hutton does witht he spurs)
and now that i have nephews i love to watch them play anything, even basketball and that's what i always chalked it up to. base ball has ALWAYS been the one i like the best, except of course for bull riding!
okay so let's get to the piont... Ashleigh that i work with is a coach's wife and his 7th grade basketball team had their first game tonight in Somerset and she was going to support them and him, and i tagged along! and i was thinking, okay so it's basketball, eh and jr. high basket ball at that...ehhhh, but what the heck, i will support kids from the youth group, okay, it will be okay...
WRONG!!!!
it was so good, it started slowly but then in the 4th quarter, the b team just came alive and i was standing and yelling and cheering and jumping on the bench and just going crazy with excitement!!! and the did win, but a team lost, but it was a fantastic game!
i DO like basket ball and will probably be visiting a few more games this season!

-sorry that it has been forever since i've posted, i can't get on it at school anymore (on my conference) so it's not so easy. don't be surprised if it's a while before my next one. (: but if you really want to know anything, i am still in the same place and if you can't see me, you know my # :)

2 comments:

andrew said...

Sorry...baseball will always be my favorite sport. Kind of goes hand in hand with my melancoly personality. I, also, really enjoy college basketball and football. Gotta watch the Spurs!! When March Madness starts...I'm there!

Glad you surfaced...if only for the moment. You have been missed.

Jaci said...

I like basketball!!! But I like football better. When we come back we should play together so I am not the only funny one out there!!! Haha ..