Monday, June 09, 2008

it's all about what?

...RELATIONSHIPS!!!
yeah, WOW!!! For what seems like years our Sunday morning class has been connecting everything we do in a our christian walk back to relationships. Our relationship with God, yes. But also, our relationship with each other and how the two intermingle with the other person's relationship with God. One can not be accomplished with out the other two. All three make an individual complete. I know sometimes I am a slow learner because I am stubborn. I have known for years that to be right with God you have to be right with his children; when you are not right with his children, you can not be right with him. OR when you are not right with him, you can not be right with his children.

This is something that I have been struggling with for about 15 months. And really the past six month have been the most difficult for me. Recently Jackie and Darla blogged about the desk toys that we use to see in a doctor's office with the barings; you would release the one on the end to crash into the next and it would set the whole contraption into motion. Well, my second baring has been crashed into this weekend, a few times. And I moved!!!! I was not stubborn to God's efforts, I did not stand in my anger and hurt feelings (that should have been given to God a long time ago), I did not turn and run from it. I gave in to my submission to God and it was good! Atleast twice in the last few weeks my barings have been set into motion and I lowered my wall to let them move, it feels great! Then last night i tried my hand at setting the barings in motion, it was like we were in sync. Like we didn't have lost time between us. I thought that this would be like the beginning of the healling process since I am just now allowing God to work on my heart, but it was more like the healling is already complete. I have realize that God has been working on me, I just needed to get out of the "shop" and "on the road"!

Wow, God! thanks for showing yourself to me in such a remarkable way. And thank you for the relationships that we have, continue to be in the center of them and all we do. Thanks you for your unending, powerful presence in our lives!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Amen!

Jaci said...

I can sooo relate to this .. miss you guys!!!!!!!! How you feeling?!!?!?