Tuesday, September 16, 2008

just a thought...?

A couple of weeks ago in our Sunday morning class, we were talking about praying for people and doing things for them. The main topic of discuss was "how do we know when someone needs us?" We talked a lot about how we think about certain people and then call them or visit or do something for that person. and usually the results make a remarkable impact on that person that was thought about.

Jackie blogged about an small thing I did for her last week and how great it made her feel. and while I did know that she wanted that picture and I do know some about her. ME doing that little act (i don't think) had anything to do with me or me knowing her.

I think that those thoughts are much more than thoughts...I think its God reminding you that there is someone who may need an encouraging word or a kind deed. We have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and It guides us and moves us.
When we act upon those "thoughts" that pop into our head, great things happen and emotions are stirred... Because we are allowing God to move through us and He is glorified because His work is being accomplished!

so is it just a thought, just a little action, OR much much more?

3 comments:

Dana said...

It is SO much more!! I have been so drawn to learning/reading/talking about the Holy Spirit lately and have learned so much. And there is so much more to learn! I'm all about giving credit where credit is due!!

Jaci said...

I definitely think its much much more!!! It takes more then just a call .. you need to be able to hear sincerity and concern in their voices. And for me .. I always just get a sense that they are really concerned about me and want to help or be my shoulder to cry or my tower of support. It takes a lot more then just an action in my opinion.

Jackie said...

yes