Monday, September 15, 2008

singing praises

I love singing church songs and camp/devo songs, especially when I'm not singing them by myself. It always fills my heart to really get into a song about God or Christ!

This Saturday evening we went to Mike's parents to visit. On the way home, we were listening to a praise cd mike had made me some time ago. I was really enjoying it and singing my heart out, then I could hear Mike singing too (usually he sings loud to be funny or he makes up his own words... to be funny) but this night he was singing. And even though I have heard him singing praises before, this for some reason, it just absolutely touched me. My heart was full and it spilled out over my face.

I also like to sing at church, and it makes me smile when I hear certain voices; Jamie, Jackie, Amy, Howard Bellotte, and any child. This Sunday was my Paw-paw's birthday and we worshiped with him at the baptist church. I was so bummed when I found out Jamie was leading singing:( because that uplifts me so so much. But we went, and I was not disappointed by the singing. We sat with my paw and uncle and aunts and cousin and mom was there too. And hearing the voices of my family lifting up songs of worship to our Father made my heart happy. I was really into singing and worshiping God in the song service.

Then last night we were back where we belong...being led by Jamie. AND I was close enough to hear Jackie's voice! Man what a great weekend of praising our Lord!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Me, too, Jenn, me too! I couldn't sing this weekend because of a cold, so I sat and listened. Those you named are ones I listen for as well, and I usually pick one song during the service to let others sing to me. It really enhances my worship!!

Aren't we blessed?!