Monday, February 26, 2007

hitting my knees

i am not afraid of very many things but i am afarid of being hurt. And while i am not too keen on emotional pain, i am most afraid of physical pain. i don't want to have scrapes and bruises and drying scaps that pull away and cause itching and extra pain. And when i think about physical pain of anticipate hurt i always direct those thoughs and images to my knees. I'm not sure why i do this, but i have since i was a little girl. If i think about falling, my knees hurts; if i think about a car crash, my knees are the main focus.

and as i am still unsure of the reasoning for this and have embraced never knowing the why i will attribute it to God and my relationship to him. When i put myself into perspective with God, my knees are reverent in the since of relation. God is my master, there for i bow before Him. i am humbled in His presence, i am on my knees. When i talk to him; even though i am not physically doing this, i refer to prayer as hitting my knees.
i don't "hit my knees" as often as i should and maybe the ache in my knees is from the absence my heart feels from not building that relationship with God.

now with that being said. I am asking for prayers, please. Prayers on my behalf to continue making my relationship with God as it should be, therefore turning my relationships with others into what THEY also should be. Also without naming specifics my brother and his family need MANY prayers right now; the situation may not be changed but the effects of the situation can be lessened with prayer as well as strength and comfort be provided to help them all get through it.

2 comments:

andrew said...

I have always believed in praying specifically for something when I pray. Please know that I am aware of the specifics with your brother and his family. Also, please know that he is in our prayers and thoughts.

Darla said...

As you well know, I have seen prayers answered..sometimes, quickly and sometimes... it has taken years.

We never know what God's plan is for us and our loved ones but we know that his plan is for us to continue in our faith in Him.

Last Thursday a student who is not one of my students was extremely rude and mean to me. I turned my back and walked away acting as if nothing happened but as I walked I prayed and prayed, "God, please make this student find himself in need of MY help in the near future." I did not want revenge, simply wanted him to be in a position that required him to ask me for something. I did not think about the student again until this morning when he entered my office doorway with a withdrawal form in his hand and guess who had to sign for his obligation to the school.
As he left the office I thanked God for a quick answer to a prayer.

If God listens to my small request how much more will he listen to the many prayer requests on behalf of Jay and his family.

God will answer...according to His will not our will and in His time, not our time. But we as His children are to continue in our faith and obedience to Him anyway.

You and your family are in my prayers.