Sunday, October 26, 2008

if you're gonna do, do it completely

I know this is something that I haven't totally gotten over and need to...BUT just let me say...
... it bugs the FIRE out of me when someone judges someones behavior and at the same time laughs about it, and behaves in such a away that is not any better than the behavior that was criticized.

Tonight at church someone made a comment about the content on another person's shirt and appropriateness of that shirt at church. You really have to dig deep to find the obscenity in what was worn...REALLY DEEP. Then later, the person with a problem with the shirt was laughing about the content in which he thought was foul. There were other things going on that I won't get into.

I know that as Christians we are called to estimate behavior of one another and call each other on it. When there is behavior worth mentioning, it should be taken seriously and not jokingly, and should be an evident wrong, not something that is not there. (that would be injust condemnation, right) BUT if you are going to estimate behavior, then estimate ALL behavior, including your own!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Amen! I have NO doubt how frustrating that was and I most likely would have been feeling the same way you were/are. Not that I am justifying anything but just saying "I get it!"