Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I so felt like I was at camp!

This past Saturday, Seth and Ashleigh had a get together at Rutland Ranch, his parents' place in Stockdale. We got there around 3:30 or so and hung out for a while. We played horseshoes, washers, the ladder game and walked down to the creek and around the pasture a little bit. Then we ate dinner; fajitas...YUMMY;p Later we sat around a fire eating smores and just visited; as the son descended and the night rose around us, we sang songs, listened to a scripture reading (Psalm 121 i think) and had a couple of prayers. Being out there in the cool night air, sitting around a fire and praising the Lord with friends as well as strangers was so awesome! It so much felt like camp!!! But I got to share it with people that I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CAMP WITH (including my husband and my daughter) It was just so amazing and I am so thankful we got to be there!

1 comment:

*Lin* said...

"cool night air"?? Surely you don't mean Camp Bandina... :p jk... glad you got to have the camp experience.
*mmmuah*