Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Party

...and so it begins, last night we went to our first Christmas party for the year. And it was a BLAST!!! I have been in Pleasanton for 8 years, and every year the church plans a Christmas party. And I have never attended, for some reason; last year I was going to go but something else came up. But finally, we went. Mike Mom, Don and I rode up together. We left early to do a little shopping/returning and took Broc home too, then to the Riverwalk! It took us a crazy amount of tme to figure out where we were going but we found Lee, Darla, Linda and Doug and Doug led the way! We rented out an upstairs room from Casa Rio on the River and it was decorated for Christmas so nicely. There were round tables around the room (I LOVE round tables) filled with our friends and family. We wandered around telling everyone hello and then found our table. Vernon and Melissa sat with us and then James and Linnie Bee sat with us too! The food was way yummy and way too much, but I ate almost all of it and then we were all miserable! We had to be out of the room at 8:30 and at 8:30 they started turning the lights out on us!!! Caleb, Daniel, James and Lin and mike and I decided to go to a coffee shop to hang out, drink coffee and play games! We went to Candlelight Cafe on St. Mary's. James and Lin went last week with jamie and Dana, so we went there too.
It was a really neat little place and smelt so so so good inside:) We had drinks and cake and played pictionary until almost midnight! We played guys against girls but Lin and I had to steal a guy, Caleb was sitting on the couch with us so he agreed to play with us!!! The guys beat us pretty badly the 1st game. The 2nd game we started in the middle of the board and we barely beat them!!! It was such fun and was totally worth staying up wwwwAAAAyyyy past my bed time!
Now, the next Christmas party we have definitely has a lot to live up to!!!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Didn't you love Candlelight Cafe! SO fun! I've decided it would be a great place for a date (wait - what is that again?) :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!

Amy said...

I think it was a great party, too! I would have liked to ride the barge, but the line was ridiculously long, and Jackie's leg was really hurting her. Maybe before the season is over and not on a Saturday!! Glad you were there with us!!

*Lin* said...

YaY!!! We had so so so fun with you guys!!!! (that is what I bought those napkins for...)