Sunday, December 14, 2008

SURPRISE

What a great weekend it has turned out to be. and its not quite over yet!

My mom had asked me to come over Friday evening and help her wrap gifts, YEAH I get to spend time with Mom!!! Then Friday morning she called and asked if I wanted to go to Sister's after work, I told her to call me when she was on her way and I'd let her know because I had a get-together right after work.
One of the speeches (we girls at work that are speech therapists) planned a "stress relief" party for after work on Friday (4:30ish). We have these a few times throughout the year just to unwind and hang out; they usually involve snacks and everyone brings their favorite drink. But she didn't ask anyone to bring anything, but my office mate, Roxie, had stuff for cheese dip... okay so I have meetings in Jourdanton ALL afternoon and then I ran by AT&T to get Jamie's wonderful present; a framed sonogram picture with Mikenna's name on it in a wide mat for people to sign. BEAUTIFUL. He called a lot to make sure I had it before I left work for the day! So I get back about 3:30 and like no one is there but a few of us. I showed Roxie and she loved it too. Right before she left her husband called and she told him that she just finished interrupting at the high school (sign language) then she told him she was going to the shower, i mean party. I am finishing up my reports to turn in and getting ready to go to the party and am the ONLY one there so I leave a little early! I had my frame that I wanted to show the girls and I ran by the house to get the baby book that I am scrapbooking to show everyone what I have so far!
There are only a few cars there so I take my stuff in at the beginning since the ones I wanted to share with were the only ones there!
...It was NOT a stres relief... It was a SHOWER!!! for me!!!! and it was a SURPRISE!!! and a secret! and both mom's were there and Kara too! I could have put the pieces together if my brain and body were not so tired here lately!!! the normal, nosey me would have figured it out but the pregnant me missed all the clues, including a couple of weeks ago when I was talking about the shower yesterday and Jamie said "oh is that the one you're not suppose to know about?"! WHAT A FUN TIME!
Later, i'll write about the shower we had yesterday.

No comments: