Wednesday, March 04, 2009

One month!

One month ago, we went into the hospital to get set up and receive a cream that would help with labor so we could induce the next day. We got into the room and hooked up to monitors a little after 4pm and the nurses were immediately on guard for our little one's heart beat was dropping. We delivered her a little before 9:00 that evening via a c-section and I had my first hello


that first week sure was stressful; we had lots to deal with at the hospital and then lots of visitors to greet us when we got home. There was also a few adjustments to be made by all at the house!! happy 1 week sweet heart!!!


We finished off the 1st week with Grandpaw & Mamaw heading home and leaving us to get started with just us 3. Whew! more adjustments, mom and dad got into the hang of things...sorta, I don't think we'll ever "get use to it" or "get it figured out"!!!
but we did begin a bit of a routine (at least for napping) :)


Week 3... started venturing out a little, besides going to church and doctor visits, Mikenna and I began going to work places to introduce her to our friends!!!


As week 4 started we began to try new things! (as mentioned in the previous post)
Tuesday I got on a little of a schedule, I washed laundry and folded and put it all away! and then today I was back to NOT being very organized, but some things did get done! Mamaw and Grandpaw are here to visit tonight on their way home from Corpus. I got cute pictures this morning!
one month old!

3 comments:

*Lin* said...

NO. WAY. SHE. IS. NOT. EITHER. ALREADY. AMONTHOLD. inconceivable...

she is SOOOO precious with her big-as-her-head bow!!!! :D

i love you, and can't wait to meet my-kenna :)

Anonymous said...

It was great being able to stop both times and visit. Our littlest one is growing! Hard to believe she has been in our life a month. What did we ever do without her?

Dana said...

I was trying to remember how old she is and was pretty off. That went by quickly!