Monday, September 11, 2006

I wanna be like that!


Jonah didn't want to do what God told him to do and he ran away in the oppostie direction. Our 2 year olds are learning this in their Bible Class. There are many examples of "Jonah"s; we are taught to be like Isaiah and answer the God's directives with "Here I am, Lord, send me". I am such a Jonah most of the time-exspecially when its not fun or easy or out of my comfort zone. I am so greatfrul for the many examples i have of "Isaiah"s both in the Bible and in my life. I was reminded of that yesterday morning during chruch service, sitting in my pew.
A young girl went forward to be baptized and as Ray, our minister, was explaining this act and this faith i looked over at the awesome man sitting at the end of the aisle, down from me. He's a leader in our congregation, a Godly man in every way and has been a great example in my life since I've known him. He was NOT a Jonah. He knew that men would be needed in a short while to help prepare the bapistry. He was sitting upright, leaning foward with his hands on the seat at his side, he was listening intently but at the same time, this wonderful man was ready to rise.
I was not surprised, this man's actions have always been like those of Christ; as were those of the other men that got up to serve in that capacity. And again I was impressed.
Thank you God for this example.

Man alive...I wanna be like that!

5 comments:

Dana said...

Are you talking about my dad? It sounds like it! Glad you are home!

Anonymous said...

From Mom:
With tears in my eyes babe girl I want you to know that many, many times you are a sweet servant and doing what God ask you to do. We all say no, or like Moses and all his excuses say someone else is better to do the task. Keep growing and staying on the track---I know God is using you and He has great works for you to do. We all need to keep looking at those unselfish servants that show us how to keep on serving and being about the Father's business. love ya, Mom

Jackie said...

sounds like robert and andy. I am always tickled at the amount of men that help with baptisims. (I mean, how many aggies does it take . . .)

love you girlie!

jenn said...

jackie-- i was talking to ray about my blog last night and k-lub and daniel and i were laughing at that too, i think i said, how many deacons does it take! (same idea) aparently it is very difficult to get into the weighters! okay i can except that!:)

Jamie said...

You are well on your way my friend and closer than you think and give yourself credit for! Love ya!