Wednesday, September 13, 2006

memories:

isn't funny how a memory can change your attitude or mood? Even when that memory goes back 15, 25, or 35 years, okay my memory doesn't go back 35 years yet but you get the picture! it amazes me how thinking about one thing (even such a long time ago) can bring back all memories of that time. I was in a wreck almost 12 years ago and i can remember exactly what i was wearing from the sunglasses on my head to the socks on my feet! -but i couldn't tell you what i wore sat!:)
Amy and Jackie got me thinking about dolls and as i was thinking of my favorite i could see in my mind how my room was set up and the things that i had on my shelf with my baby doll --all my treasures-- the things i liked best. I can see my bed and i smile thinking of all the wonderful mornings, well not wonderful mornings because i don't like to wake up but all the wonderful things my parents did to coax me out of bed. seeing my bed also makes me laugh as i can see me throwing myself onto it in a fit of being upset at something. the picture of my bed also makes me sad as i remember my dad coming into my room the morning of March 31st, 1992 to tell me of a car accident that took the life of a girl at school, i walked backwards and sat there on that memorable bed, shocked at the news.
whoa, i didn't mean to go in that direction, but the memory of my room and my little bed with purple unicorns on it and later just a pink comforter brought back soooo many emotions from so many different situations in my life!
its funny to me how some things of the past shape our present and how some things are pushed so far back that i really have to dig to bring it to the surface and then there are some that i can't keep from pouring out of my head!
Thanks ladies for getting my memories moving and i enjoy also reading about yours! Luvs and huggies- ha, that's sounds funny!:)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

There's a song by Trish Yearwood called 'the song remembers when'. Do you know it? And truer words were never spoken. To this day I am a puddle when I hear 'Fast Car' and I cry when I hear 'Babe' and I laugh out loud when I hear 'My heart will go on.' So many songs . . so much life. I envy you, and dana and erin and cryssy and jaci because you are building these futures of winter evenings in front of a fire with smiles of memories - - you just don't know it yet.

Anonymous said...

Mom says:
Warm Fuzzies! I love to hear your sweet thoughts of memories good, bad, happy, and sad.I love how you too write so easily. A great thing you got from your Dad and especially your "Nanny"

Jackie said...

i just have to tell you that I didn't even notice the spelling in yor last comment to me. i never run a spell check and get so embarassed when i look back too . . . like the way i never capatilize 'i'. bet dana, amy, erin, you, yer mama and anyone with any schooling hates my blogs!