Monday, October 02, 2006

healing

isn't God absolutely amazing!?!
i know i seemed shocked everytime He fixes things, but i shouldn't be. Isn't He who we ask to fix things? do i not expect Him to actually do it or do i not really think He can? Maybe i put too much into human's power of choice and personal will and desire... i don't know.
But i do know that God has been working on some hearts that i love, including my own, and it's so awesome to see the point of the process when things start to come together. Kind of like a bruise (sorry i like analogies)
*at first only you know that you hurt
*then other's can see that you're hurt, but only if you're close enough
*sometimes it sits under your skin for a while, acting as a reminder
*when it comes time for healing it often looks worse (and usually ugly)
*then it dissapears from the surface, but if it is bumped or poked, the pain is still there
*finally comes the time when that bruise and pain is just a memory, a toll to use for future experiances.
all that to say we have felt the bruises, i saw them and saw the ugliness as healing began and the aches of the past were brought to the surface in order for paching up and healing to began.
I know that pain is still there, but it is good to see the bruise easing away from the surface of these relationships that God is beginning to heal.

thank you Father, for being such a powerful influence in our lives. Thank you for the relationships that i have and what each person means to me and to others in their lives. thank you for your healing power and the way in which you mend our broken hearts and our broken relationships. Amen

3 comments:

Amy said...

I would add that it's important to remember where those bruises come from and to not let those same things hurt you over again. Maybe that's why we have scars, to remind and protect us.

Your tender heart and loving spirit bless me daily. Thanks!

Jamie said...

You are awesome. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you are so dear to me and I am always in awe of you and your sweet compassionate heart. Sun. worship was so... hard. Just wished I could have complete healing. Just when I think I do the images of the ones that hurt me so are there in my face once again and they are being blessed!!!! Then....I struggle, because now I am the "other brother". Why would God bless them after what they did?.....ummmm Why does He bless me when I mess up??????? My heart says, "ouch". love Mom