Monday, October 30, 2006

recipe Ingredients

I love to cook although i don't very often, because it's hard for just one person. but i like to all the same. I love taking a variety of some good things and some not so good things (what IS cream of tartar anyway) comibining them, stirring in a little love and ending up with something wonderful. i love this process in other things such as photo boards, tin creations and more of those not dealing with cooking at all...

i was able to be a part of a great recipe this weekend...
cold weather, fire, warm sunshine, thin mattresses, having no mattress at all (because it was stolen), snoring friends, lots of laughter, noisy furnaces, one or two dissapointing moments, great food, some spills, a broken glass, cleaning, God's country side, ice cold water, beautiful signing (with bass and tenor without the men) cool breezes, stealing presents, a wonderful worship, great lessons, moving from the top bunk in the middle of the COLD night for a pit stop, crafty activities, burn spots on a foot (not mine), campfire stories, crazy games, frustrating plans for game points, seeing the game points worn with pride, and wonderful Godly women.

great and not so great ingredients, combined in one place, mixed with love... and something wonderful in the end! Our women's retreat was absolutely amazing!!! the good ingredients far outweight the not so good and each thing was needed in order for the recipe to turn out just perfectly! God is so good to give us times and places such as these to strengthen us and rejuvenate us to come back and tackle another week for His Glory.

6 comments:

andrew said...

Thanks for sharing your decription of your time with the sisters. Sounds like you had a great time.

Amy said...

Wonderful analogy of the recipe! I especially found the whole process wonderful to behold; thanks for bringing sweet Ashleigh; I hope we see more of her at worship! Thanks for your energy and enthusiasm before and during the event! I love ya!!

Jackie said...

great blog! And they call me a writer!!!! ha!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn Jenn---what a tastee recipe this weekend was. I loved your ingredients, but there was a little tooooo much hot sauce at times!!!!! HA!!!! We were very competitive---that surprised me and a little touchy, but as a whole the love and companionship ruled and the sweet sweet spirits were so refreshing. Love you, Mom

Dana said...

This has nothing to do with your blog but I must say....the feet picture makes me so happy! It is one of my favorites!

Dana said...

Your comment on my blog (spelling out terrific) made me smile. It reminded me of Charlotte's Web :)